TEECC Closure Policy
It is our sincere hope that we will be able to remain open throughout the winter. However, there may be conditions that force us to close for safety reasons. Our decisions are always based on the safety of our children, parents, and staff.
Our policy regarding closings is determined by a number of factors:
- If the Federal Government is closed for any reason, TEECC will be closed
- TEECC will check the decisions of MCPS Childcare Centers and Montgomery County Administrative Offices and may use that as a guideline for closing.
- The decision to close may also be based on safety conditions of the areas surrounding Temple Emanuel. If road conditions are hazardous, we will close the facility. A decision will be made by 6:30 am and we will inform parents through a “Voice Shot” message. In addition, a message will be posted on the Temple Emanuel ECC Facebook page, and in the Remini App.
- At times we may have a delayed opening. We will announce it through “Voice Shot.”
- If we begin to experience inclement weather during the day, we will endeavor to remain open. Should we determine that it is necessary to close, we will notify parents and they will have a two hour window in which to arrive at school. It is important for parents to arrange to pick up their child as soon as possible, as chances are that weather conditions will continue to deteriorate.
These policies will also pertain to other emergency conditions such as hurricanes, power outages or operational problems with the building.
Director of Early Childhood