Registration materials are now available for the 2016-2017 school year.
Please Note: Midweek Hebrew will run from 4:45pm-6:00pm.
For Families of New Students: If you are the parent or guardian of a new student to Temple Emanuel’s Religious School, you will find the 2016-2017 Religious School registration materials and fee schedule in the list below. Please print and fill out the registration form and return it, with a current jpeg image of your child, to Kathy Magenheim at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Families of Returning Students: If you are a parent or guardian of a child returning to Temple Emanuel’s Religious School, pre-filled registration forms will be emailed to you before July 1. If you do not receive your child's forms, please contact the Temple Office, 301-942-2000 (and possibly check your spam filter). Print out and review the registration form, making corrections as needed and completing the sections not already filled in. The completed registration form and a current jpeg image of your child should be emailed to Kathy Magenheim at email@example.com. The 2016-2017 fee schedule and calendar are available in the list below.
Below are several important documents for your review as your family begins the process of registering for the Temple Emanuel Religious School. You may print them out and bring them in to the office, or you may save them to your computer and email them to Kathy Magenheim. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact the Temple Office, 301-942-2000.
- 2016-2017 Registration Form: (if not already completed) to be filled out for each child who will be attending the school, to be returned to the Religious School office along with a photo of each child being registered.
- 2016-2017 Religious School Tuition Fee Schedule: Tuition and fees for the Religious School year. Please fill out the requested information and return it with your other registration materials. Deadline is August 12 to register for the new school year. After that date a late fee will accessed.
- 2015-2016 Religious School Parent Handbook: You may consider printing this at home for a handy reference. It contains important information about the Religious School, including curriculum information, b'nai mitzvah information, policies, etc. (2016-2017 Parent Handbook - Coming Soon)
- 2016-2017 Religious School Calendar: Information on this calendar is subject to change.
- Temple Emanuel Health Policy: An information sheet about the school policy regarding student, family and staff illness, and in particular the guidelines we will be following during the upcoming flu season.
- Expectations for Classroom Behavior
- Automatic Recurring Monthly Payment Authorization Form: (if interested) Authorization form for automatic, regularly scheduled charges to your credit card or through your bank.
- Late Pick Up Policy: Religious school ends at 11:30 a.m. on Sundays and Hebrew School ends at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays. It is extremely important that you arrive on time to pick up your child. Please consider weather and traffic conditions when making your pick-up arrangements. Late pick-ups cause anxiety for the children involved. It also often creates problems for the synagogue employees on duty.
The Board of Trustees has adopted a late pick up policy. In the event that a parent or caregiver arrives late for a Religious school or Hebrew school pickup an administrative fee of $10 per child may, at the sole discretion of the Temple Emanuel Education Director, be charged to the family of a child who is picked up from Sunday School or Hebrew School twenty minutes after the end of school. The family may be charged $1 for each additional minute per child of untimely pickup.
Please print out and complete an appropriate form for each child being registered:
1) in person; 2) or by fax to 301-942-9488; 3) by mail to Temple Emanuel, Attn: Religious School Registration, 10101 Connecticut Avenue, Kensington, MD 20895; 4) or or as an email attachment to Kathy Magenheim.
Please note that accommodations are made for special needs children, specifically, teachers who are available onsite to assist them. Accommodations are also made for the service, including a single B'nai Mitzvah. Private tutoring is acceptable and some funding support may be available. Children can also use Beth El and the JCC for program support. Our religious school will handle each situation individually, though it is desirable to have the student onsite for some of the Judaica learning. Parents with questions or concerns should contact Rabbi Mark Levine, Director of Congregational Learning, Interim, (301) 942-2000.
We look forward to your joining us. We have a wonderful staff in place, and a dynamic and exciting program year planned.